This page accompanies our programme of the same name which is broadcast on a Wednesday at 11am. You can hear the most recent programmes by selecting an edition below.
- Ridgeway Magazine 4th October 2017
- Lost for words? We read 30 funny old words that have been rediscovered
- What happens to lost luggage? It goes to auction!
- Weymouth Council leader explains the North Quay sale problem.
- Pet Patter: our vet talks about saving a python which had swallowed its heating pad.
- Lost your umbrella on the underground? The lost property office dealt with 332,000 items last year.
- War on waste – how long do things take to biodegrade?
- Have you forgotten about a personal pension paid into at work? We tell you how to track it down. Useful info to accompany this item: to trace forgotten pensions phone 0345 600 2537, or go to this website www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details or write to Pensions Tracing Service 9, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton WV98 1LU. Note, the Government’s service is free whereas commercial companies providing the same service will charge you.
- Ridgeway Magazine 20th September 2017
- So you want to be a fire fighter? Section Commander at Weymouth Fire Station, Dave Allen, tells us about the job.
- The 999 emergency number is 80 years old and we chart its progress and warn about making hoax calls.
- ERNIE, the machine that chooses Premium Bond winners is 60 this year. He’s chosen prizes valued at £17 billion
- School hols – do you want four or five short breaks a year?
- Lucy from Poundbury Gardens gives her tips for September.
- Concluding our series on the history of the cinema – it’s all change at the flicks these days.
- Ridgeway Magazine 6th September 2017
- Weymouth Pavilion is now the best show in town after four years of community ownership.
- We talk to the Mad Hatters of Bridport at Hatterday festival.
- Our vet and animal expert Malcolm Welshman answers the question, “Where have all the swallows gone?”
- Some fruity remarks by our MPs about what they call each other.
- Ridgeway Magazine 23rd August 2017
In this edition we go to France for a snapshot of life across the channel taking in:
- ‘Le cricket’
- McDonalds with knives and forks
- What President Macron has been up to
- A report on what happens if you lose your passport whilst abroad
- We re-visit the Horse Course
- We visit a lady who rescues hedgehogs
- And take your seats for part two of our Romance of the Cinema
- Ridgeway Magazine 9th August 2017
Four legs good, two legs bad. This edition features animals.
- Vet Malcolm Welshman tells us how dogs communicate – is the tail wagging up, down or sideways?
- A dog whisperer (yes really!) talks to a mixed-up dog about its unhappy past.
- We visit the Horse Course where mixed-up adults and children find that horses can change their moods.
- The pig is man’s best friend….discuss.
- Those clever children from Damers First School are still selling their prizewinning ‘Spic and Span’ product. We visit Poundbury Food Festival and meet them again.