- Mallams restaurant in Weymouth has had to close for good and owners Janice and Steve Gosson explain that it wasn’t just the devastating fire which swayed their decision
- Alistair Chisholm is in the studio to talk about the ALL For Dorset movement which wants to banish party politics from local government
- We talk to James Webb from the Priest’s House Museum in Wimborne about their collection of Victorian Valentine cards
- Phil Say from Weymouth Pavilion tells us about the building’s amazing lighting scheme
- In Pet Patter Malcolm Welshman recounts the story of the Cow in the Tree, an episode from his latest book ‘An Armful Of Animals’ (available from Amazon)
A new art exhibition is capturing people’s eye at Dorset County Hospital.
Thanks to Dorchester Camera Club the walls inside the hospital are looking a lot brighter.
The club has partnered with Arts In Hospital in a new exhibition to display the talent of its members.
The exhibition showcases the diversity of interest of club members – from landscapes of the world, to wildlife and nature, street photography and portraits.
Alex Murdin, Arts Manager at Arts In Hospital, said: (more…)
- Local Democracy Reporter Trevor Bevins warns things might not work out as promised with the new Dorset Unitary Council taking over from five urban and district councils on April 1st
- Fifty years on; what made the headlines in 1969? The Moon and the Beatles to name but two subjects
- The circus is not dead! There are 100 in the UK and a National Centre for Circus Arts with a BA Hons degree on offer
- Local photographer and cameraman John Gurd records pantos in Dorset and streams them to children in hospital for no charge
- Still with the circus – the story behind the John Lennon song “For the benefit of Mr. Kite” which featured on Britain’s most popular ever album “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
A radiographer from Dorset County Hospital has been making a difference to those less fortunate.
Linda Chappell, who has worked at the Trust for 19 years, travelled across the globe with the Kenya Orthopaedic Project (KOP).
Exploring Global Health Opportunities (EGHO) have been working with (more…)
Earlier this month the Exeter Northcott Theatre live streamed their pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk to the children’s ward at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. This enabled children and their families who were unable to attend the performances at the theatre to see the panto.
This kind gesture inspired John Gurd a local photographer and videographer to offer his company services at We Live Stream to the team at Weymouth Pavilion. Weymouth’s panto, Dick Whittington has been recorded live by We Live Stream, and the panto can now be seen by the children at Dorset County Hospital (more…)
Ridgeway Radio is proud to be a member of the
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo…