A radiographer from Dorset County Hospital has been making a difference to those less fortunate.
Linda Chappell, who has worked at the Trust for 19 years, travelled across the globe with the Kenya Orthopaedic Project (KOP).
Exploring Global Health Opportunities (EGHO) have been working with (more…)
Earlier this month the Exeter Northcott Theatre live streamed their pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk to the children’s ward at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. This enabled children and their families who were unable to attend the performances at the theatre to see the panto.
This kind gesture inspired John Gurd a local photographer and videographer to offer his company services at We Live Stream to the team at Weymouth Pavilion. Weymouth’s panto, Dick Whittington has been recorded live by We Live Stream, and the panto can now be seen by the children at Dorset County Hospital (more…)
Staff at Dorset County Hospital asked people to think about the gift of organ donation as they switched on their Christmas tree lights.
The hospital’s organ donation team has sponsored a tree to highlight the importance of discussing your wishes around organ donation with your family.
Dr Andrew Ball, Critical Care Consultant and Clinical Lead for Organ Donation, said: (more…)
Christmas could have been a different story this year if it wasn’t for the fast action of staff at Dorset County Hospital.
Unmistakable in his red suit and shiny black boots, Father Christmas arrived unexpectedly at DCH in need of an operation.
Mr Claus came under the care of Vascular Consultant James Metcalfe and his team, who were able to perform the surgery and have him back on his feet and fully recovered in time to travel around the world on Christmas Eve. (more…)
- Loneliness amongst youngsters – counsellor and psychotherapist Alison Moore discusses the problem live in the studio
- The Robert White cancer treatment centre has recently opened and we look at how the centre came in to being
- Restorative justice in Dorset is a year old and is already proving successful. The scheme’s co-ordinator explains
- The price of coffee beans plunges – the cost of a cup of coffee continues to rise. Are baristas ripping us off?
- Our resident vet warns about dodgy doggy treats and dangers to pets in the home during the festive season
- Christmas through the ages starting with the ‘cool yule’ and ending with Father Christmas and Christmas boxes
Ridgeway Radio is proud to be a member of the
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo…