Ridgeway Today – Online…
Listen Now! (new window)
Or Thursday Night Classics.
Full programme schedule here
- Ridgeway Magazine 21st June 2017
- You can go on a Hard Hat Tour of the Shire Hall in Dorchester which will reopen as a heritage centre next year. We report on progress.
- The Decadettes give us a tune or two resplendent in their Poppy Dresses while they collect money for the Royal British Legion.
- We talk to Poppy Butcher, organiser of Weymouth’s Military Vehicle Parade, now in her eighties and just as well organised as the young secretary she once was on D Day.
- Do pets look like their owners? Ridgeway Magazine’s vet Malcolm Welshman tells us.
- Railway trivia – some stories from life on the lines.
- Lisa Bond from Poundbury Garden Centre takes us to her allotment for the third time.
- Dorset Police with a serious warning about fraud – don’t let it happen to you.
- Listen to our commentary of the Dorchester Carnival 2017
A commentary of the procession by Jim Davis and Andy Senior..read more..
- Ridgeway Magazine 7th June 2017
- We have an interview with antiques expert Eric Knowles, of Antiques Roadshow fame, who was recently in Dorchester.
- Travelling abroad? Check if you need a Visa as well as your passport, a Dorchester travel agent advises.
- Should old men wear shorts not to mention back-to-front baseball caps?
- We look at the history of trousers and how a Royal accident became a trouser fashion.
- The new Friends’ shop in the hospital has something for everyone.
- Weymouth’s Colwell Centre reopens as the School Street Shopping Plaza – we pay a visit.
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.