Listen to our live stream
Click the play button below
or Click here to open the player in a new window
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
Full programme schedule here
Community Radio News
Ridgeway Community Radio has today (8th Nov 2017) been awarded a radio licence to broadcast to Dorchester and surrounds on FM and online. The licence regulator OFCOM congratulated the group on their success.
The new radio station will broadcast from the historic Little Keep in Dorchester, (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio C.I.C.
The community radio station for Dorchester and the surrounding area
by Rob Mott, Ridgeway Radio CIC Company Secretary.
The Little Keep Studio Complex
On Tuesday the 24th of October we took possession of our proposed studio complex (more…)
An application has been sent to OFCOM for a Community Radio Licence for the Dorchester Area broadcasting on FM and the Internet. We would like to hear from potential sponsors or anyone who would like to be involved with this project. If you are interested please get in touch by using this contact form. (more…)
- Retired vet Malcolm Welshman talks about the dangers of treating your pet too well at Christmas…pets can over-indulge as well!
- Lucy, our gardening expert, gives advice on how to make plants gifted at Christmas last into the new year and beyond.
- We visit the National Coast Watch look out post on Portland and hear how watch keepers, all volunteers, help keep seafarers safe.
- The Dull Men’s Club of Great Britain celebrates the ordinary with gifting ideas and a report of not very exciting activities during the year!
- Plus some terrible Christmas cracker jokes. You have been warned!
- Settle back for a couple of hours and listen to ‘Going The Rounds‘ which celebrates the old tradition of carol singing around the village as immortalised in Thomas Hardy’s novel Under the Greenwood Tree. Listen to Going The Rounds
- West Gallery Carol Concert – A recording of the concert at St Nicolas Church Abbotsbury performed by the Ridgeway Carollers and Band. Listen to West Gallery Carol Concert
- An Old Dorset Christmas – by the Ridgeway Singers and Band (similar name but not affiliated to Ridgeway Radio). Their performances are characterised by a great sense of energy and enjoyment, and truly recreate the celebratory sound of an old Dorset Christmas. Listen to An Old Dorset Christmas
Once again the Scout Post, run by Dorchester & West Dorset District Scout Council, is up and running and delivering Christmas cards for just 25p each. If you live in Dorchester and the surounding area you may have already had an information leaflet posted through your letterbox, but, if not, there is collection and delivery information here.
In December 2015 Peter Foster visited the Scout Post sorting office in Dorchester and spoke to organiser Debbie Thomas. Listen to the interview here.
Well, in a nutshell, Geoff Atherton. Geoff has been a member of Ridgeway Radio for very many years. He is a former ‘record plugger’ and recently was a guest on ‘Jonnie Walker’s Sounds Of The Seventies’, a long running and popular Sunday afternoon show on BBC Radio 2. You can hear that edition of the show here. Also Geoff took part in Ridgeway Magazine in October, talking about his experiences as a record plugger and as a land based pirate radio presenter in the 80s. You can hear that edition of the programme here.
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.