Listen to our live stream
Click the play button below
or Click here to open the player in a new window
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
- Enigma, the German military encoding machine, drew a full house at the Corn Exchange when it went on show as part of a talk given by world authority Dr. Mark Baldwin on how the enemy codes were devised and then broken. He tells Ridgeway Magazine Enigma was invented 20 years before the war and was sold in shops.
- Weymouth’s early history will have to be re-written…research shows the Black Death and great plague did not start with rats jumping ship in the port.
- Where have all the newspaper delivery boys and girls gone? Broadwey Village stores still delivers newspaper but the number of boys and girls have halved in recent years and the conditions of employment (yes, really!) have tightened.
- While re-visiting the subject of the circus, in the Beatles song “For the benefit of Mr. Kite” who was Mr. Kite and how did John Lennon come to immortalise him?
- Second Chance, the Weymouth charity which collects and sells re-conditioned furniture and appliances to needy folk has closed – but there is still Dorset Reclaim as we report.
- Is art worth collecting? No, we are told, buy what you really like.
- And we invite listeners to play our song title game, courtesy of broadcaster and jazz band leader Chris Walker.
Full programme schedule here
Community Radio News
Ridgeway Community Radio
Newsletter No 3 and Membership Form
OFCOM awards Ridgeway CIC an FM licence
As most of you will know by now OFCOM contacted us to inform us that we have been awarded the Community radio FM licence for 5 years for Dorchester and surrounding area. (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio has today (8th Nov 2017) been awarded a radio licence to broadcast to Dorchester and surrounds on FM and online. The licence regulator OFCOM congratulated the group on their success.
The new radio station will broadcast from the historic Little Keep in Dorchester, (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio C.I.C.
The community radio station for Dorchester and the surrounding area
by Rob Mott, Ridgeway Radio CIC Company Secretary.
The Little Keep Studio Complex
On Tuesday the 24th of October we took possession of our proposed studio complex (more…)
An application has been sent to OFCOM for a Community Radio Licence for the Dorchester Area broadcasting on FM and the Internet. We would like to hear from potential sponsors or anyone who would like to be involved with this project. If you are interested please get in touch by using this contact form. (more…)
Ridgeway Radio is pleased to tell you about a new beautifully produced book of stories and poems from Dorset writer Sue Worth, now available from Waterstones, South Street, Dorchester.
“Some people have an ear for music, Sue Worth has an ear for a good story and the poetry of human speech.”
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.