or Click here to open the player in a new window
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
Full programme schedule here
Community Radio News
We are planning that the new community radio station, KeeP 106, will start broadcasting in June or before but, naturally, it all costs money and already some local grants have contributed generously to the cause. But we have to raise even more so we are planning a huge sale of music….and by that we mean old vinyl records, CDs, music DVDs and cassettes. We have not yet set a date for the sale (watch this space) but we are collecting music now. If you can help with donations of your unwanted LPs, CDs and cassettes please contact Ridgeway Community Radio secretary, Rob Mott, on 07900 027917 or at the Little Keep Studios on 01305 267545 or use this form.
Ridgeway Community Radio
Newsletter No 3 and Membership Form
OFCOM awards Ridgeway CIC an FM licence
As most of you will know by now OFCOM contacted us to inform us that we have been awarded the Community radio FM licence for 5 years for Dorchester and surrounding area. (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio has today (8th Nov 2017) been awarded a radio licence to broadcast to Dorchester and surrounds on FM and online. The licence regulator OFCOM congratulated the group on their success.
The new radio station will broadcast from the historic Little Keep in Dorchester, (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio C.I.C.
The community radio station for Dorchester and the surrounding area
by Rob Mott, Ridgeway Radio CIC Company Secretary.
The Little Keep Studio Complex
On Tuesday the 24th of October we took possession of our proposed studio complex (more…)
An application has been sent to OFCOM for a Community Radio Licence for the Dorchester Area broadcasting on FM and the Internet. We would like to hear from potential sponsors or anyone who would like to be involved with this project. If you are interested please get in touch by using this contact form. (more…)
- Vindictive Valentine cards? As well as sweet sentiments and soppy poems, 150 years ago there were also cards for cads and pigs…..male, of course. They are on display at the Priest House Museum, Wimborne.
- The ancient Roman way of romance entailed violence to young women. Saint Valentine was not amused and lost his head to the Emperor Claudius, but not before he left a love message to a young girl…and started something!
- Gardening tips – how to use ash and soot in the garden. Slugs and snails do not like it.
- Even pets get the January Blues as we are told in this instalment of ‘Pet Patter’.
- Five things you must do before you go on holiday. And how you might beat the price hike for a passport.
- News from Ridgeway Community Radio: plans for a ginormous fundraising sale of vinyl records, CDs, music videos and DVDs.
- A Sneak Peek of the work in making the Shire Hall in Dorchester an historical experience to really look forward to.
Ridgeway Radio is pleased to tell you about a new beautifully produced book of stories and poems from Dorset writer Sue Worth, now available from Waterstones, South Street, Dorchester.
“Some people have an ear for music, Sue Worth has an ear for a good story and the poetry of human speech.”
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.