Listen to our live stream
Click the play button below
or Click here to open the player in a new window
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
Today on Ridgeway Radio
On radio channel 1 of the Hospedia bedside unit in Dorset County Hospital and Online (see above). Now and upcoming…
- Local democracy reporter explains the changes on the local government front when Weymouth, Portland and Dorchester become a Unitary Authority…what does it mean for ratepayers?
- What should I do about my frazzled lawn? Leave it alone! advises our gardening expert.
- John visits Gibraltar where the pillar boxes are red and the police still wear helmets.
- Small shops are suffering but Broadwey Village Stores re-invented itself when all seemed to be lost.
- With 3,500 new homes mooted for Dorchester, how to get on the housing ladder. Shared ownership might be the answer.
- About half-a-million UK drivers will face prosecution in France this year. The jolly gendarmes are waiting with a mass of new rules…be prepared and learn about them before travelling.
Click the Play button to listen
Ridgeway Magazine 8th August 2018
In July 2018 the NHS celebrated its 70th anniversary and a special party was held at Dorset County Hospital to celebrate the occasion. Peter Foster went along and spoke to some of those attending the party and you can hear the interviews here
- The business side of the Sea Food Festival; worth millions to Weymouth, says its chairman
- We pay our final visit to Croatia and find out what’s for dinner
- Our feature “Pet Patter“ with vet Malcolm Welshman who has succumbed to “Obsessive Dog Disorder”
- The “doggy bus” from Spain and how Ralf the spaniel, sentenced to death at the Malaga dog pound, found a new home with John’s daughter
- When a “water resistant” watch gets a dunking in the sea; advice on how to dry it out that might just save it from rusting
Click the Play button to listen
Ridgeway Magazine 25th July 2018
The annual Armed Forces Day Celebrations were held in the Dorchester Borough Gardens on Saturday 7th July 2018. Listen to our recording of the live broadcast featuring the Civic Service and musical entertainment. Commentary by Jim Davis. Listen to the recording here
After an overwhelmingly high response to our organ donation artwork brief by over 100 artists, we are delighted to have awarded the commission to Andy Kirkby, a Dorchester -based sculptor whose portfolio includes many exciting sculpture trails and projects across Dorset and beyond.
Arts in Hospital has been working closely with The Organ Donation Team to rejuvenate a courtyard with a striking new artwork that celebrates the gift of organ donation and sparks significant conversations about subject. Andy has come up with a sensitive but impressive design using a venerable Dorset oak tree and a Japanese tradition of the loving repair of broken ceramics. (more…)
Community Radio News
You can listen to KeeP 106 either by tuning in to 106.3 FM or by logging on to keep106.com and click ‘Listen LIVE online’.
If you would like to be involved with KeeP 106 there are many ways to do so. We need volunteers including presenters, technicians, production assistants, fundraisers and local event reporters.
For more information about KeeP 106 follow these links:
Ridgeway Radio is proud to be a member of the
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo…