Listen to our live stream, Ridgeway Online.
Click the play button below.
or Click here to open the player in a new window
Today on Ridgeway Online…
Full programme schedule here
- Ridgeway Magazine 19th July 2017
- To the Norwegian fjords where folk have to have two jobs to survive.
- Know a wolverine: the mad dog-like predator that can climb trees and kills sheep for fun!
- Politics: in Norway, even the fish voted no! to the EU.
- We go below decks on a mighty cruise ship and the captain reads a letter form a 10 year old.
- Follow-up story: winning Damers First School do it again. An interview with Eco Club Team Leader, Edd Moore. Also read the full report in the Dorset Echo here.
- In the week the Dunkirk film is released, we hear about “My Girl” and her float-on part.
- Budding Business Children Take To The Airwaves
Budding business entrepreneurs Mary aged nine and Kyle aged eight from Damers First School enlisted the aid of Ridgeway Radio to sell their new product “Spic n Span” that they say “makes everything shine.” They are taking part in the national “Fiver Challenge” competition entered by 1,000 schools introducing pupils in a fun way to financial numeracy, resilience and teamwork. Full story here.
- Ridgeway Magazine 5th July 2017
- Two budding business brains aged eight and nine talk about creating an eco-friendly product for a national young entrepreneurs competition.
- We list the top 10 films of all time and learn the movies were a British, not Hollywood, invention.
- Credit cards: the “flexible friend” is 51 and the ATM is 50 years old.
- Did “World No Tobacco Day” pass you by? We investigate puff, snuff and statistical stuff.
- Barbara Purnell, chair of Friends of DCH, reprises their work.
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.