or Click here to open the player in a new window (recommended since allows you to continue browsing this, or other, websites)
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
3.00 – Top Brass, the best in military and brass band music
4.00 – Great Ballets
5.00 – The Organ Music Show
Full programme schedule here
- Irritating phone calls? There could be scammers “phishing” for your personal details. We tell you how to stop them free of charge through the Telephone Preference Service.
- We list eight sure fire ways to spot a scam and warn against some old fashioned con tricks still doing the rounds including Ponzi schemes and pyramid selling.
- Table manners and will children stop using knives, forks and spoons? A historian tells us who invented cutlery and why it was important to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
- Pet Patter investigates hamsters courtesy of Ridgeway Magazine’s resident vet.
- We look at the history of crosswords and challenge listeners to answer clues from the first ever printed 105 years ago. Not many clues but we defy you to get them right.
Ridgeway Radio is pleased to tell you about a new beautifully produced book of stories and poems from Dorset writer Sue Worth, now available from Waterstones, South Street, Dorchester.
“Some people have an ear for music, Sue Worth has an ear for a good story and the poetry of human speech.”
KeeP 106 – Community Radio News
OFCOM allocate our frequency
As some of you will already know OFCOM have allocated 106.3 Mhz FM as our frequency. This is a good allocation as the only stations using this frequency in the south of the UK are a station in Bridgend in South Wales and according to OFCOM a station in the Exeter area but I was unable to find this stations listed. Neither of these station will affect reception in the local area. (more…)
We are planning that the new community radio station, KeeP 106, will start broadcasting in June or before but, naturally, it all costs money and already some local grants have contributed generously to the cause. But we have to raise even more so we are planning a huge sale of music….and by that we mean old vinyl records, CDs, music DVDs and cassettes. We have not yet set a date for the sale (watch this space) but we are collecting music now. If you can help with donations of your unwanted LPs, CDs and cassettes please contact Ridgeway Community Radio secretary, Rob Mott, on 07900 027917 or at the Little Keep Studios on 01305 267545 or use this form.
Ridgeway Community Radio
Newsletter No 3 and Membership Form
OFCOM awards Ridgeway CIC an FM licence
As most of you will know by now OFCOM contacted us to inform us that we have been awarded the Community radio FM licence for 5 years for Dorchester and surrounding area. (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio has today (8th Nov 2017) been awarded a radio licence to broadcast to Dorchester and surrounds on FM and online. The licence regulator OFCOM congratulated the group on their success.
The new radio station will broadcast from the historic Little Keep in Dorchester, (more…)
Ridgeway Community Radio C.I.C.
The community radio station for Dorchester and the surrounding area
by Rob Mott, Ridgeway Radio CIC Company Secretary.
The Little Keep Studio Complex
On Tuesday the 24th of October we took possession of our proposed studio complex (more…)
An application has been sent to OFCOM for a Community Radio Licence for the Dorchester Area broadcasting on FM and the Internet. We would like to hear from potential sponsors or anyone who would like to be involved with this project. If you are interested please get in touch by using this contact form. (more…)
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.