Listen to our live stream
Click the play button below
or Click here to open the player in a new window
or if you have
on your device, search for Ridgeway Radio
Today on Ridgeway Radio
On radio channel 1 of the Hospedia bedside unit in Dorset County Hospital and Online (see above) on your own device. Ridgeway Radio now relays many programmes from KeeP 106 together with dedicated live programmes for DCH. Now and upcoming…
email@example.com to get in touch.
- We’ll start from scratch….and tell you about the invasion of the super flea
- You’re nicked! Ever wondered what goes on in the Police custody suite?
- The story behind the world’s best know tune.
- The facts behind coffee shops and the proposed ‘latte levy’
- Babysham is 65 years old. We have its fascinating story so far
Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance is once again encouraging supporters to sign up early for their Coast to Coast Cycle Challenge 2019 after another fantastic response last year.
The event, which is not designed as a race, involves cycling through some of Dorset and Somerset’s most beautiful countryside and takes place on Sunday 12th May 2019 at 11.00am.
Last year’s event raised in excess of £62,000 and sold out within a few days of online registration being open. This year, (more…)
- Our studio guest is Nigel Bundy who tells us about an advocacy initiative run by Age UK and how you can call on their help with tricky problems.
- Journalist and television presenter Peter Snow and his journalist wife Ann Macmillan talk to John about their new book ‘War Stories’ at the Dorchester Literary Festival.
- Our resident vet Malcolm Welshman tells us about a camel with a sore foot, a story from his latest book ‘An Armful of Animals’.
- We have a story about when ‘passenger assistance’ fails at an airport and advice on getting compensation from a reluctant airline.
310 guests celebrated the best and brightest from the air ambulance community on Monday 12th November at the national Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence 2018.
Awards hosts Richard Madeley and Angellica Bell handed out 12 Awards to outstanding individuals and teams, whose stories were inspirational, astounding and humbling. The awards, which are independently judged, went to pilots, paramedics, doctors, fundraisers and volunteers who collected their trophies at a ceremony held on the night. (more…)
- Interview with Lord Fellowes in which he says the book he has on the go currently is the story of the early life of Marilyn Monroe. He gives his selection of the seven books he would take if marooned on a desert island
- We talk to LAPD prosecutor Ron Bowers who was charged with re-opening the death of Marilyn Monroe as a cold case. Was it murder or was it suicide?
- As many as 400 Dorset residents in fuel poverty may die of the cold this winter. The charity Surviving Winter is there to help and their CEO talks about its work
- Visit website: dorsetcommunityfoundation.org
- Contact the Team: 01202 670815
- Ridgeway Magazine re-visits the Horse Course, a charity in which horses are used to teach people and children how to overcome their behavioural problems and addictions
- Visit website: www.thehorsecourse.org
- The long playing record is 70 years old. We look at how listening to music has changed since then and ask our presenters which LP was the first one they bought
Community Radio News
The new community radio station from Dorchester is now up and running and Ridgeway Radio is relaying some of it’s programmes as well as live programmes especially for our listeners in Dorset County Hospital.
If you would like to be involved with KeeP 106 there are many ways to do so. We need volunteers including presenters, technicians, production assistants, fundraisers and local event reporters.
For more information about KeeP 106 follow these links:
Ridgeway Radio is proud to be a member of the
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo…