Listen to our live stream, Ridgeway Online.
Click the play button below.
or Click here to open the player in a new window
Today on Ridgeway Online…
Full programme schedule here
- Ridgeway Magazine 20th September 2017
- So you want to be a fire fighter? Section Commander at Weymouth Fire Station, Dave Allen, tells us about the job.
- The 999 emergency number is 80 years old and we chart its progress and warn about making hoax calls.
- ERNIE, the machine that chooses Premium Bond winners is 60 this year. He’s chosen prizes valued at £17 billion
- School hols – do you want four or five short breaks a year?
- Lucy from Poundbury Gardens gives her tips for September.
- Concluding our series on the history of the cinema – it’s all change at the flicks these days.
- Application put forward for Community Radio Licence in Dorchester
Andy Worth, chairman of Ridgeway Hospital Radio, worked on the application and explained that his time broadcasting at Dorset County Hospital inspired him to start a new community radio station. Read the full story in the Dorset Echo here.
- The Shipping Forecast is 150 years old
The Shipping Forecast is issued by the Met Office on behalf of the Martime and Coastguard Agency. The lyrical weather report for the seas around the British Isles has inspired the likes of Blur, Radiohead, The Prodigy and Carol Ann Duffy.
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.