Listen Now! (new window)
If it not possible to broadcast one of the listed programmes we offer Good Talk, Good Music, Good Company.
Full programme schedule here
For up to date visitor information go to the Dorset County Hospital website. Click the logo.
- Ridgeway Magazine 19th April 2017
- Dorset Police give a timely warning about the safe disposal of marine distress flares. A weekend collection of out-of-date flares saw 2,000 handed in, the oldest dating from 1964.
- We take a look at the history of holidays for the workers and found Britain has only eight public hols while the rest of Europe averages 11.
- A report on the still-closed Colwell Centre, Weymouth, reveals some interesting facts about an unofficial Tourist Information Centre.
- Two Weymouth stories – has the “decaying”town been smartened up for summer and a report on the Lions’ Club “wave wade” for charity.
- Finally, Marmite – the funny peculiar facts.
- Ridgeway Magazine 29th March 2017
- Our gardening expert Lucy Simpson, from Poundbury Gardens, tells us about the garden in springtime.
- In Pet Patter we talk to our resident vet Malcolm Welshman about animals that are mimics.
- We’ll have to forgive John on his rant about South West Trains’ bus replacement services which are weekend events at the moment.
- Should we all ‘man up’? Not according to a university which has banned the use of the descriptive word ‘man’ in lectures and on campus.
- With the introduction of the new one pound coin we wonder if you have a forged pound in your pocket – if so get rid of it quickly.
- Ridgeway Magazine 8th March 2017
- Ridgeway Magazine went on patrol with Dorset Police in the search of mobile phone users. The new law was explained together with a warning that a “stop” by Police might end with your car being seized!
- A million visitors are expected in Weymouth; we look at some of the 250 events and festivals planned for 2017.
- We follow up the story about dilapidated Weymouth with Rachel Stretton from the Dorset Echo.
- The leader of Weymouth council talks about plans for the Peninsular (Pavilion) site.
- We have a special report on loneliness among young people with psychoanalyst and counsellor Alison Moore.
www.hbauk.com for more information about hospital radio in the UK